Monday, January 7, 2013

Formatting solution for Kindle

If you have uploaded a book and then been disappointed when you have checked it on your Kindle (or had feedback from readers criticising your format)  this may be a solution:

For those of you who asked, this is what I noted. 

I have a Macbook Pro (2009)  and initially used Microsoft Word to write my books.  I thought that saving as a PDF would do it for a Kindle upload, but no, the formatting went out the window but looked OK in the preview.  So, what I did was go to my bookshelf, choose the book for reformatting and choose edit from the actions menu.  Previously, I had re-saved my beautifully formatted file as an html file.   Then I re-uploaded it.  This kept the format (with hard page breaks and indents).

Hope this helps you!

No comments:

Post a Comment